The Six Tastes Tour
Using food as medicine
Food is one of the most important tools we have to create and manage good health. The reason for this is that the food we eat actually becomes who we are. Think about it. The cells and substances of what we digest actually provide the nutrition and constituent parts of our own cells.
So what we eat is very important in many ways.
From an Ayurvedic perspective what we eat, just like everything else we do, has a direct connection to the doshas. In that way, the foods we choose can either create balance or imbalance in our minds and bodies and directly influence our experience of life and living.
Through this experience we’ll explore what that means in a little more detail and we'll actually have the opportunity to taste a number of things in order to give you some hands on experience.
Here’s what you’ll need:
A bite sized piece of:
- Cheese (any kind of cheese will do)
- Bread (can be gluten free) or spoonful of cooked rice
- Green apple
- Cucumber OR green bean (raw)
- Fresh ginger
- Dark Chocolate
- Date (dried) OR ripe green or red grape
- Dried seaweed (nori sheets are great for this)
You’ll also need...
- One or two raw spinach leaves (or any leafy green - kale, dandelion greens, collard greens, etc.).