Sweet Potato Smoothie
As much as smoothies have become the health and wellness world’s symbol for…health and wellness, the Ayurvedic view is that they can be hard to digest. In part because of what we put in them (a lot of sweet and heavy stuff – fruit, dairy, nuts, etc.), but also because of the fact that they are most often served cold.
Here’s an option for a yummy smoothie that’s served at room temperature with a few warming spices to help prime the digestion.
Serves 1; Prep + Cooking Time: 10 mins.
What’s in it:
- 1/2 medium sweet potato, cooked and peeled
- 1 tablespoon honey ginger nut butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cut unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
How to make it:
Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Ad a tablespoon or two of water if it’s too thick to drink.
For more delicious and easy recipes like this one, check out my book Eat Like You Love Yourself.