Sweet Potato, Leek & Parsnip Curry Soup
Curry is the standout spice in this Sweet Potato, Leek & Parsnip Curry Soup.
Creamy and warming, this soup features the digestive spice and the subtle warming sweetness of leeks! Potato and leek soup has long been on my list of soup staples. So, I thought it would be interesting to take it deeper into Ayurveda territory and switch it up a little to make it more suitable for my favourite season of the year. Sweet potatoes add a bit of stability for the mind and body. Serves 4; Prep + Cooking Time: 35 mins
What’s in it:
- 2 1/2 cups raw parsnips, peeled and diced.
- 1 medium leek (or two small ones), washed and chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 5 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes, washed, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 2 pinches fine black pepper
How to make it:
Add the ghee, parsnips, leeks and garlic to a saucepan on a medium heat. Cook gently on medium heat. Cook gently for about 5 minutes to soften the vegetables.
Add in the curry powder and the stock. Bring to the boil and add the sweet potatoes and coconut cream. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the vegetables are all tender (about 20 minutes).
Remove the soup from the heat and using a hand blender or a regular blender, blend the soup until smooth.
Pour into bowls and top with a swirl of coconut yogurt.