This Ginger Broth is super simple and delicious, you can make it as a nice savory snack when the weather is cold or a light lunch or dinner just about any time of the year. It’s made with ingredients that will give your digestion a boost and is stimulating and fragrant enough to make you feel truly alive!
Serves 4 – 5; Prep + Cooking time: 15 mins
What’s in it:
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced scallions (green onion)
- 3 slices fresh ginger root (thin to medium slices)
Optional additional items
- handful fresh spinach leaves
- drizzle of toasted sesame oil (for a more Asian flavor)
- 2 thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup medium to firm tofu chunks
How to make it:
Add stock, soy sauce and ginger slices to a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and add scallions.
Enjoy this as a simple broth or add in your choice of optional extras to make it slightly more substantial.
Love this nourishing recipe? Let me know in the comments below, you can find more Winter recipes like this in my book Eat Like You Love Yourself.