Discover what your yoga teaching is missing…
The Elements of Yoga
Ayurveda for Yoga Teachers
Is your yoga teaching truly serving your students?
Yoga is more than just exercise…
students know that and that’s why...
Yoga students are looking for more from their yoga…
With the increasing focus on wellness and the wealth of information available on how to get there, people come to yoga looking for more than just a better body. They recognize that yoga is a complete system for living and want to know more about how to apply it for their greatest benefit, mind, body and soul. Most yoga teacher training programs don’t teach this…
Knowledgeable teachers stand out...
These days students have LOTS of options for learning and practicing yoga. More and more yoga teachers are being certified every day. But students are looking for teachers with a broader knowledge of how to practice, and wisdom that extends beyond the mat. They’re eager to live their yoga and are looking for someone who can teach them.
Embrace the sisterhood of yoga and Ayurveda
Ayurveda, “ The Science of Life”, is an ancient holistic system for living . It believes good health results from creating harmony between our internal environment (mind, body, spirit) and the external world around us. Inherently aligned with the path of yoga, Ayurveda provides the practical guidance for yogic living.
Yoga without Ayurveda is missing the point...
Yoga and Ayurveda are commonly referred to as sister sciences. They come from the same traditions and work together as complementary approaches to ultimate wellness, each supporting the other to create a health and happiness “dream team”. The goal of Yoga is self-awareness and self realization. The mind and body are our vehicles to get there. Ayurveda is dedicated to the health and vitality of the body and mind.
when you practice them together you enhance them both...
When you TEACH them together you empower your students to transform.
The Elements of Yoga
Ayurveda for Yoga Teachers
Immerse yourself in the wisdom of Ayurveda for a deeper connection to yourself and your yoga
The Elements of Yoga is an invitation to practice for yourself and your students.
You’ll build your skills as a teacher with direct experience and practical knowledge and tools for incorporating Ayurveda, the foundations of yogic living, into your private and group classes, your own workshops and your life!
The Curriculum consists of two modules...
Module 1 - Ayurveda for Living:
What does it look like to live everyday from the intention of creating balance?
This module is a practical introduction to yoga’s sister science. We’ll unravel and explore the key principles of Ayurveda, to give you some clarity and an appreciation for how to apply them in your life, leaving you with a powerful foundation for living authentically.
WHO AM I ● WHAT AM I MADE OF ● HOW DO I FUNCTION ● HOW CAN I THRIVE
Workshop 1: Essential Ayurveda
Uncovering the roots of authentic wellness
- Why Ayurveda exists and what it wants you to know about yourself… and the world
- What a dosha is, what it isn’t, and why it matters.
- The pitfalls of our thinking and living that make us vulnerable to disease.
- Why your digestion is KING, and what you can do to keep it healthy.
- What imbalance means, what it looks like, and how you get there.
- Five element theory (Panchamahabhutas)- The building blocks of you and your life
- Tri-Dosha Theory - The energies that run your show
- The qualities of the material world (Gunas) - Seeing the world through Ayurveda glasses
- Agni/Ama -The fire of life and how to keep it burning
- Anatomy of the subtle body
Workshop 2: Living Ayurveda
Laying the foundation for longevity
- The principles of Ayurvedic psychology and mental health
- The difference between an Ayurvedic diet and a yogic diet
- How to live seasonally… and why it matters.
- Everyday practices for reestablishing balance in your mind and body
- Ayurvedic Eating (Ahara) - 3 rules to live, and eat by
- Ayurvedic Psychology - Tools for Cultivating a peaceful mind in a chaotic world
- Routines for living - Aligning with nature’s rhythm and your own.
- Essential habits for a next level life
Workshop 3: Fundamentals of Ayurvedic Nutrition
Eating like you love yourself...
A dive into the Ayurvedic world of ahara (the sanskrit word for “diet or food”) to uncover how Ayurveda uses food to restore balance to the doshas, the mind and the body. We’ll discuss topics including:
- The Six Tastes
- Eating for balance and bliss
- Eating to cleanse and heal
- Kitchen and food sadhanas [rituals]
- The Ayurvedic diet vs. the Yogic diet.
Module 2 - Ayurveda for Practice
There are many reasons that we come to our mats, but Ayurveda recognizes just one… balance.
Not all yoga is created equal. How you practice, when you practice and what you practice makes a difference. Ayurveda gives us access to a deeper understanding of the energetic effects of our yoga. It helps us recognize how and if our practice is supporting or sabotaging our wellness. It is the wisdom upon which classical yoga therapy rests.
This module explores the relationship between yoga and ayurveda, and how we can use yoga as a tool to uncover disharmony in the body-mind, and as “medicine” to restore the balance. Each workshop includes discussion and yoga practice.
Workshop 1: Ayurveda & Yoga
Ancient tools for returning to wholeness
- Yoga & Ayurveda - The history of the ancient sisterhood
- Ayurveda & the eight limbs - How Ayurveda supports all aspects of yoga
- Yoga & Agni - Yoga to support digesting life.
- The elements of a blissful yoga practice - The energetics of asana, pranayama and meditation
- Mantras & mudras for healing
- Basics of Yoga Nidra
Workshop 2: Ayurveda in Practice
Aligning your yoga with your dharma
- Ayurveda & The Yoga Sutras - The keys to life and practice
- Knowing yourself on the mat - How to know what you need when you step on the mat.
- Loving yourself on the mat - Creating a practice that nurtures your true nature
- Cultivating balance in your classes - Tools to empower your students to choose themselves.
Workshop 3: Ayurveda Embodied
Somatic tools for yoga practices that heal
- Embodying the doshas and gunas - Interoceptive experiencing of the principle energies and qualities of Ayurveda
- Using your body to get what you want - Mapping sensation to effect
- Creating your personal, somatic toolkit for balancing mind and body
- Bringing your practices home - creating your foundational practice for self healing on the mat and off
Empower your students to create authentic wellness on the mat, and off.
This training will prepare you to...
- Incorporate Ayurveda into your yoga practice, your teaching and your life.
- Live a yogic lifestyle in accordance with the rhythms of the natural world and your own true nature.
- Apply the eight limbs of yoga to manage imbalances and foster good health, joy and wellbeing.
- Share the wisdom of Ayurveda through individual and group yoga classes and yogic living workshops.
- Teach classes and workshops based upon energetic, and seasonal themes.
- Design one-on-one yoga sessions applying basic Ayurvedic principles.
- Design group and private yoga practices to establish holistic seasonal wellness.
- Empower your students to practice yoga in a way that aligns with who they are and what they need in the moment and in life.
- Deepen your practice and expand your reach as a yoga teacher.
The course includes:
- 20 hours of LIVE online tuition + Q&A time
- 5+hours of recorded video tuition
- Practical assignments in between sessions + final assignment for completion.
- Course notes and handouts
- Online course community for questions and support between sessions.
- Digital copy of "Eat Like You Love Yourself: A Modern Guide to Ayurvedic Cooking & Living"
Course Delivery & Booking
This course is designed as a yoga & Ayurveda intensive for yoga teachers and intermediate to advanced yoga students.
The course will be presented over three weekends (3hrs Sat, 3hrs Sunday), with homework assignments in between. Space on this course will be limited to ensure students get sufficient attention, interaction and support. All LIVE sessions will be recorded and made available for participants to view/review until the end of the course.
30 hours Continuing education credits with Yoga Alliance, Yoga Australia, NAMA [PACE] are available for these workshops. Certificates will be issued upon completion of the course.
COMPLETE COURSE FEES: $USD375
To reserve a place in this course please complete the application form and pay the course fees.
Program Dates & times
LIVE Session 1
- Sep 5 & 6, 2020 - 4:30pm-8pm AEST (Sydney)
- Sep 5 & 6, 2020 - 7:30am - 11am BST (London)
- Sep 5 & 6, 2020 - 8:30am - 12pm CEST(Europe)
LIVE Session 2
- Sep 12 & 13, 2020 - 4:30pm-8pm AEST (Sydney)
- Sep 12 & 13, 2020 - 7:30am - 11am BST (London)
- Sep 12 & 13, 2020 - 8:30am - 12pm CEST(Europe)
LIVE Ayurvedic Nutrition Q&A
- Sept 19, 2020 - 5-7pm AEST (Sydney)
- Sept 19, 2020 - 8-10am BST (London)
- Sept 19, 2020 - 9 -11am CEST(Europe)
LIVE Session 3
- Sept 26 & 27, 2020 - 4:30pm-8pm AEST (Sydney)
- Sept 26 & 27, 2020- 7:30am - 11am BST (London)
- Sept 26 & 27,- 3:30pm - 8:30am - 12pm CEST(Europe)
Why I created this course...
As yoga teachers we know that not all yoga is created equal. The way we practice and teach yoga has the potential to support or sabotage wellbeing. Knowing this doesn’t give us answers, but embracing it is the beginning of living a powerful question both on and off the mat.
And that question is… How can you practice and teach yoga like you give a damn?
In other words, how can you practice and teach the whole of yoga both on the mat and off.
For me, the answer was (is), Ayurveda.
So I’ve created this course to give you insights and tools for living and teaching your yoga as an integral part of living your life.
“Practice for your students, teach for yourself.” - Judith Hanson Lasater
I love this quote, because it is a reminder that the fruits of our practice (of yoga and living) are what we have to offer our students… and the world.
Ayurveda has been a game changer for my yoga, my life & relationships and my teaching. I hope it will be the same for you!
Chara Caruthers - ERYT-500, C-IAYT, CAP (NAMA, AAPNA), Level 2 Yoga Australia